Here's some of what I've found - hope you enjoy them too:
- A Superfood for (Almost) Every Letter of the Alphabet
From Fit Bottomed Mamas, one of those lists you just love to read and reinforce what you probably already know. And who knows, maybe you'll pick up a new fact or two (or ten)
- And from Fit Bottomed Girls, "We try frozen kefir" - a product which has always been on my "yuck, probably not list". But the write up makes it sound good, and I went to the site and saw I can buy the Kefir mentioned in about a dozen stores by me, so maybe it's time I try it.
- From the Wall Street Journal lifestyle section Off Duty, "The Type-A Fitness Getaway" which gives readers the low-down on where to go to slim down with shorter, cheaper, resort packages. I'm not sure I consider $3500 for three nights at the Carmel Valley Ranch "cheaper" but the article has a couple of interesting alternatives and each of us has a sense of what's affordable. Anyway, it was a fun read.
- And speaking of fun reads, did you catch this in the Yahoo! Healthy Living tips? Delicious Foods, Disgusting Ingredients - "You are what you eat” couldn’t be farther from the truth when it comes to today’s over processed junk food...and the disgusting ingredients that are behind those names we really don't understand when we try to decipher the labels of most foods. Yahoo! Shine Senior Features Editor Piper Weiss recently looked at some of her favorite treats and found they are made with some very disturbing ingredients. Be warned, the findings may scare you.
- Finally, for the other end of the fitness world from the Wall Street Journal, Yahoo!s Healthy Living offers Effective Workout Equipment on a Budget. Just in case you don't want to spend $3495 for three days of luxe fitness, Yahoo! Shine has a list workout gear for a full body workout for less than $100.