Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Today on San Jose Fitness Examiner: Boston Market touts healthy menu options: low-cal, low-sodium, gluten free
Various Boston Market locations, including the four in the immediate San Jose area may not exactly be fitness eating, but the menu does fill a need
Continue reading on Examiner.com: Boston Market touts healthier menu options; low cal, low sodium, gluten free - San Jose fitness | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/fitness-in-san-jose/boston-market-looks-to-highlight-healthier-menu#ixzz1Bunt8ZZA
|PRNewsFoto/California Strawberry Commission|
The prizes in the recipe contest for "Most Romantic Valentines Day Dish" (aside from bragging rights about how romantic you can cook) are: Amazon gift cards: First Place - $500, Second place - $350, Third Place - $150. Winning recipes will be featured on the California Strawberries website for all to enjoy.
How to enter the Valentine's Day recipe contest:
- Submit recipe online at the California Strawberries Recipe Submission Page by Friday, February 4th, 2011.
- Upload the recipe photo at: California Strawberries Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/castrawberries). Be sure to include recipe name and the words "Most Romantic Recipe Contest."
- Eligibility – Must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years and older.
- Online Submission Deadline – Friday, February 4th, 2011
- Prizes – $500, $350, $150 Amazon Gift Cards will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Who can enter? – Anyone who enjoys cooking and food bloggers of all levels are invited to participate.
- Criteria –The dish must include fresh or frozen strawberries. It could be for any meal of the day and be categorized by main course, salad, side dish, appetizer or dessert. Additionally, it should have a romantic quality. Visual appeal, taste, creativity and ease of preparation will also be considered in the judging.
- Judging – Winning recipes will be selected by the California Strawberry Commission staff. Particular consideration will be given to recipes submitted with clear and creative photos. Further attention will be given to recipe photos that receive the most comments or "likes" on the California Strawberries Facebook page. Contestants are welcome to invite friends to "vote" for their photos.
For a little sweet inspiration, visit California Strawberries' recipe pages for romantic and alluring recipes such as Souffle Omelet with Balsamic Strawberries or Chocolate Dipped Strawberries!
Friday, January 14, 2011
Thursday, January 13, 2011
So, with no further commentary, here are bits from the press release- hot off the wires at 5 p.m. today, January 13, 2011:
Weight Watchers, the world's leading provider of weight management services, has teamed up with Fashion Consultant Tim Gunn, to inspire people on their weight loss journey. In addition to providing fashion tips for the many stages of weight loss, Tim also served as a fashion consultant for the new Weight Watchers PointsPlus™ program advertising campaign featuring Jennifer Hudson and real life Weight Watchers success stories. During 2011 there will be other exciting opportunities for Weight Watchers members and Weight Watchers Online subscribers to benefit from Tim's tips and motivation to ultimately feel better about how they look. ...
Here are some of Tim's top style tips:
- Follow three fashion fundamentals: silhouette, proportion and fit. When they are in harmony and balance, anyone can look fabulous.
- Invest in the essentials: wrap dresses, belts and skirt/top combinations. Each of these items can be introduced into the wardrobe at any point during weight loss and will have long lasting staying power as you continue to lose weight.
- Shop smartly: when people shop on a budget they are very thoughtful and mindful about how new items will fit into their wardrobe and lifestyle and how they will transition throughout the weight loss journey. Think strategically about your overall wardrobe and how the garments you are purchasing will fit in.
- Embrace your shape: even if it seems that everyone is wearing a particular style one season, be sure to evaluate how it will work with your shape before committing to purchase it yourself. Embrace your own shape—it's beautiful -- and adopt the trends that accentuate your best features.
"I am so proud to be working with Weight Watchers on this extraordinary project and was so inspired by the stories of wonderful success. Nothing makes me happier than providing guidance and tips to help people look great as they lose weight and get healthier," said Tim Gunn. "If getting fashion right were easy, everyone would look fabulous, but it can be challenging. The combination of the PointsPlus program and providing helpful styling tips is great because it helps people celebrate their new look and recalibrate their thinking about style, while finding an enhanced self-confidence."
Visit WeightWatchers.com to view Tim Gunn's style tips for the weight loss journey and to check out Tim's work in the new advertising campaign.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
- Personal trainer: average of $127 per month
- Eating programs: average of $75 per month
Friday, January 7, 2011